There are many different E-mail services available in the UK today, and TalkTalk Mail is considered one of the best services for the smallest on-going monthly investment that is available in the area. Many inexpensive email service providers do not offer unlimited data on their plans, so emails or videos could be stopped from streaming or you could incur massive charges. However, TalkTalk Mail allows you to be a heavy data user and still stay in contact with additional options such as an advanced text editor and signature options so you can always send professional looking emails. TalkTalk customers can use their My Account to manage all their services, including their talktalk mail and webmail settings. After signing in, you can change your username, create new e-mail addresses and change the password of any of the created TalkTalk email addresses.
Email continues to be a service that people use on a daily basis. TalkTalk WebMail offers a number of fresh, new features. The additional storage now available proves that TalkTalk Mail is not just an email account, but it is a gateway to the additional services that are provided with your account. Options include the ability to personalise your inbox so you can see how your Talk Talk webmail is structured and an integrated instant messenger so you can stay in contact no matter where you are. Contact lists are also integrated along with calendars, an excellent to-do list functionality and the core TalkTalk Mail options that you would expect.
While many news organisations are talking about “rationing” broadband Internet service, like mail and webmail, Brits continue to want to consume high-quality content at an unheard-of rate of speed. Internet service providers are currently consuming nearly 10 percent of Britain’s total power output, and demand continues to soar. Optical cables are not able to keep up with the rate of demand for streaming video, and will be nearly at capacity in just a few short years. While Internet and email access are relatively cost-effective now, that will not be the case if the UK requires a great deal of infrastructure build-up to meet the demand.
As a key UK provider, TalkTalk Mail gives people what they want: inexpensive and unlimited broadband with good security. TalkTalk Mail even offers options to add in your home phone, TV and a SIM plan with one TalkTalk Mail login. One of the best features of the TalkTalk Webmail settings is the HomeSafe software, that allows parents to set limits on the type and duration of information that children look at through the account – giving you a higher measure of control than some other systems may offer.
TalkTalk Webmail FAQ’s
Where can I access TalkTalk Webmail?
Accessing your TalkTalk webmail account is simple. Find out how to log into your account and take a look at some of the features you can use.
If you haven’t created your TalkTalk email or have forgotten your email address, then take a look at managing your email in My Account.
If you’ve already got email up and running and just want to change your password, then use our quick guide for changing your email password.
How can I reset my TalkTalk Mail username?
Without your TalkTalk account username you cannot login to your TalkTalk email account. You can retrieve your lost Plusnet username by clicking here.
How to reset my TalkTalk Webmail Password?
Did you forgot your TalkTalk Webmail password? Don’t worry, you can reset your TalkTalk account password via the TalkTalk My Account page. Reset your TalkTalk password by clicking here.
TalkTalk Webmail Settings
TalkTalk Outlook settings for Windows
Click on the Start menu and select Programs
Select Microsoft Office and then Microsoft Outlook.
Step 2 of 6 : Add Account
- If you’ve used the program before, click on the File menu, select Info and click the Add Account Then go to step 3 to continue your account set up.
- If it’s the first time you’ve used the program, a Startup wizard screen will open automatically. Click Next to proceed.
Step 3 of 6: Choose an action
- On the email accounts screen, click Yes to configure an email account, then click Next.
- On the Auto Account Setup screen, select the option to Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next.
Step 4 of 6: Enter your account details
On the Internet Email Settings screen enter the details below:
- Your Name: Enter the name you want displayed to recipients as the email sender
- Email Address: Enter your email address.
- Account Type: Select POP3 from the drop down list.
- Incoming mail server: Type the incoming mail server for your email account (for example talktalkbusiness.net)
- Outgoing mail server:Type the outgoing mail server for your email account (for example talktalkbusiness.net)
- Username: Your email address.
- Password: Your password.
- Tick the Remember password box (unless you want to enter your password each time)
- Untick the Test Account Settings box
- Select the New Outlook Data File
Once you’ve entered these, click the More Settings button in the bottom right of the screen.
Step 5 of 6 : Set up your email security
- On the Internet Email Settings screen, select the Outgoing Server tab
- Tick the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box
- Select the option to Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Click the Advanced tab and enter the following settings:
- Incoming Server (POP3):Type the incoming port for your email domain (for example the incoming port for @talktalkbusiness POP3 setup is 110)
- Outgoing Server (SMTP):Type the outgoing port for your email domain (for example the outgoing port for @talktalkbusiness is 25)
- Select TLS from the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop down list.
Click OK to return to the Internet Email Settings screen.
Step 6 of 6: Setup Complete!
TalkTalk Outlook settings for Mac
Follow the steps below to set up Outlook 2011 to work with your email service. Please note that some of the steps are different if you’ve used the program before.
Step 1 of 5 : Start up the software
- Double click the hard drive icon on the Mac desktop.
- Select the Applications folder, and double click the Microsoft Office 2011
- Double click on the Microsoft Outlook Icon (in some cases this might be in dock at the bottom of your desktop in which case you can click there to start the program).
Step 2 of 5 : Add a new email account
- If it’s the first time you’ve used the program, you’ll see a welcome screen. click the Add Account button to start creating your email account. Then skip straight to step 3.
- If you’ve used the account before, click on the Tools menu, then Accounts. On the Add an Account screen select Email Account from the list of account types. You might need to click the + icon in the bottom left of the screen and select Email there if you can’t see this option.
Step 3 of 5: Enter your account details
You’ll now see a screen where you can enter your account details. Please note, once you’ve typed in your password the screen will expand to show more information.
- Email Address:Enter your email address.
- Password: Enter your email password.
- Username: Enter your email address again.
- Type: Select POP3 from the drop down list.
- Incoming Server:Type the incoming mail server for your email account (for example pop3.talktalkbusiness.net).
- Tick the Override default port box and enter the incoming port for your email domain (for example the incoming port for @talktalkbusiness POP3 setup is 110).
- Ensure the Use SSL to connect box is unticked.
- Outgoing Server: Type the outgoing mail server for your email account (for example smtp.talktalkbusiness.net).
- Tick the Override default portbox and enter the outgoing port for your email domain (for example the outgoing port for @talktalkbusiness is 25).
- Ensure the Use SSL to connectbox is unticked.
Step 4 of 5: Set up your email security
You should now see a screen which summarises the information you entered previously. Enter the following details:
- Account Description: Add a name for your email account
- Full Name: Add the name you want displayed to recipients as the sender
Click the More Options button at the bottom of the screen to open the Settings screen, and select the following:
- Authentication: Select Use Incoming Server Info from the drop down list, then click OK.
Step 5 of 5: Set up Complete!
Your account is now set up, sp you can close the main accounts window. The program will automatically check for new messages at regular intervals.
TalkTalk Email Setup on Android
Step 1 of 9
Open Settings. You can do this by either tapping your Menu button and selecting Settings or by simply tapping the Settings icon on the App List.
Step 2 of 9
Tap Accounts followed by Add Account.
Step 3 of 9
Tap Email from the account types.
Step 4 of 9
Enter your TalkTalk email address and password and tap Manual setup. If you’re not sure what your email or password is, you can find them in My Account.
Step 5 of 9
Tap IMAP account.
Step 6 of 9
Check your incoming server settings match those shown:
- Username:Your TalkTalk email address ending @talktalk.net
- IMAP server:talktalk.net
Step 7 of 9
Check your outgoing server settings match those shown:
SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net
Different version of Android have different security options.
- TLS (accept all certificates)
- Preference – ‘STARTTLS’ (accept all certificates)
If you get an error message or cannot send email set security to “None”
Step 8 of 9
Set your account options, such as how often your Android phone should check for new mail. Tap Next.
Step 9 of 9
TalkTalk Email Setup on iPhone
TalkTalk Email Setup on iPad
TalkTalk Email settings IMAP & POP3
Please see below the email settings for @talktalk.net:
|Account Type||IMAP (recommended)||POP3|
|Login / Usernameemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Incoming mail server||mail.talktalk.net||mail.talktalk.net|
|Outgoing mail server||smtp.talktalk.net||smtp.talktalk.net|
NOTE: When adding your TalkTalk email account to Windows 8 mail be sure to use the IMAP settings above.